Thread: Sheet Metal Repairs

Default Sheet Metal Repairs

Not sure where to post this, but I'm planning to do some bodywork to my C-30, and will post some pics of the process, if anyone is interested. Is this the column to show this?
    Old habits, die hard.

Arrow

This is the right forum. I'm looking forward to your progress. If you need any assistance with forum features or uploading images, please don't hesitate to contact me.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks D,
    My 83 C-30 is in serious need of some sheetmetal work. Mainly floors, rockers, and bed sides. To start off, because there still isn't a vendor making full floor pans for a square body, I ended up buying another cab for $100. It consisted of floors that were 95% better than mine, and some misc. parts. People have tried talking me into changing the entire cab, but finding a rust free one, that's local is almost non-existent. Even if I could, I wouldn't want to have to incorporate the changes needed to diesel status. In my makeshift garage, welding in new floors and rockers for me will be faster.
    So today, because I need to do a scrap metal run soon, I decided to cut the cab up for the floors, so I can get rid of the rest. I hate scrapping good metal, but don't see anyone needing a roof, back panel, or cowl, so off to the dump they go. When I get my truck in the garage, I'll post some pics of the ailments.

Old habits, die hard.

Arrow

Interesting project. I wish I was better at body work and paint. I have a local friend who does a lot of this stuff in his spare time (he's a mechanic by trade). He's created several beautiful cars and pickups over the past dozen years.

Here's a 1947 Chevy Deluxe he restored a few years ago. From a bullet hole riddled hulk to show stopper (w/modern chassis, 350 FI engine, 700R4 trans and diff).

Keep at it. Keep us posted!

Nice lookin ride. Some people have a knack for this stuff. My work isn't professional by any means, but it is "affordable".
    Old habits, die hard.

Default Door skin...

How is it coming? I have a dented door and was going to buy a whole new one but body shops say aftermarket doors don't always fit well so I was looking at door skins from LMC. Are you going to do door work also?
    1982 C20 6.2L
    1996 240SX-SE
    2002 DL1000 V-Strom