Thread: 1995 6.5 vin s help

Default 1995 6.5 vin s help

Hello new to this site a year ago I picked up this truck and it was forgotten about by its owner. Initial problem air in fuel. I.e. Bad fuel lines and hole in tank. Replaced lines from tank to filter housing tank lift pump sending unit and sock. New ops new fuel shutoff solenoid,injectors. Also cleaned two grounds and replaced a third located on passenger side of block. Recently installed a lp relay bypass. This truck will run great for a few days then stall out. Starting up again with no problem. Think it's fixed then bam it will start and die within ten seconds and won't start again. Also replaced the throttle positioning sensor aka pedal assembly. Just about to lose all interest slash nerve in this truck. Worst thing is the truck is solid and frame is also. Have codes and have tried just about everything I know to do looking for a little help here. 210000 miles on truck Ohio is where it has been most of its life batteries new 11/15 harmonic balancer new the list goes on pmd still needs relocated away from first relocation area of the upper intake thinking optical sensor is going but unsure why I have fuel and no air at filter bleeder but will not start or previously start and then die

Is it starving for fuel?

Not all fuel socks are diesel

Have you got another known good PMD you can swap in?
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

Default Fuel cap

It is a long shot but try to loosen the gas cap and drive it to see if the problem is still there. If the tank isn't venting it would run great until it created a vacuum inside and then the fuel would stop flowing. I believe there is a difference between a diesel fuel cap and a gasoline cap.

Good luck
    John
    *2006 Chevy, 3500, 4X4, DRW, (LBZ) D/A, CC, LT, 252K Miles, 19.5" Wheels, Mag Hytec Transmission Pan and Differential Cover, SS Grill Guard, Racor 2 micron aux fuel filter, 100 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank, using Edge Evolution, Predator Diablosport, Kennedy ECM tune, Fitch Fuel Catalyst.

*2006 Four Winds, Dutchman, 36', RV, D/A, 5500 Kodiak.
    *1993 Harley Davidson, Turbo charged, Springer Softail.
    *2007 Pontiac Solstice.
    *2005 Jeep, Liberty, CRD (diesel).
    *Full-timing in USA, see America first.

BUY AMERICAN or CANADIAN, NOTHING from CHINA .

Default 95 6.5 vin s

Sock came specific for 6.5 sending unit and it has to be starving after I installed the lp relay it ran great for two weeks then the apps went out replaced ran for a day now won't start period and I bought a brand new diesel tank cap getting codes 22 23 27 31 32 33 34 42 44 45 46 57 62 65 78 84. I realize that most st of these should have gone away with the replacement of the apps. So I cleared them last night still won't start

Howdy
    Crack a few lines and verify that you are getting fuel to the injectors. Given that it had some pretty serious fuel line/tank issues I would make sure all of those are solved. Did you replace the fuel lines with new hard line? Sometimes if you have a leak Pre-LP it will suck air and not be real visible as a leak.
    Do a search on this page for "air in fuel"
    I assume you can hear the LP running.
    What is it doing when you say it wont start? does it turn over fast, are the GPs working? Does it sound like its turning over evenly?
    Maybe you have had two separate problems, the stalling and now not starting.
    1996 Chvy 3500 CCDWLB 6.5 Heathed, NO vac, marine injctrs, ARB bumper, BIG pipe, 3" lift, bright lights, bypass oil system.
    1986 Chvy 6.2 M1009 blazer RAM AIR, Headers, Custom interior
    2001 Chinook RV, V10 gas
    1974 John Deere 1530 diesel tractor
    1993 John Deere 455 Diesel lawn mower
    1967 GTO, 1989 Honda Transalp
    2009 VW Jetta TDI, flashed and piped, 6speed, fun car!
    1998 6.5 suburban, stock, daughter's
    1993 6.5 3500 CCSWLB GM8, Heathed, big exhaust, gauges, Son's

1984 6.2 ATS turbo 3500, SCDWLB - Son's
    3 kids, 1 wife, 1 dog
    Gunsmith, Tactics Instructor, Fabricator USMC 87-93 Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevytruck41 View Post
    Sock came specific for 6.5 sending unit and it has to be starving after I installed the lp relay it ran great for two weeks then the apps went out replaced ran for a day now won't start period and I bought a brand new diesel tank cap getting codes 22 23 27 31 32 33 34 42 44 45 46 57 62 65 78 84. I realize that most st of these should have gone away with the replacement of the apps. So I cleared them last night still won't start
    Try disconnecting the computer and clearing the codes and turn key on Do Not Start or Crank . More than likely it is a bad PCM causing a no start or the PDM isBad

Default 6.5 problems

Yes I hear the lift pump running and when I turn on the key the wts is on for about ten to fifteen seconds hear the relay click for glow plugs turns over fast have fuel to bleeder screw but won't start. When I purchased the lp relay it came with a fuel delivery during wts period and a on off switch under the hood for bleeding purposes. Now I notice that I'm unsure if the factory relay is supposed to be used also or left out concerned that it's the ip or pmd again don't want to just throw money at it trying to diagnose will crack injector lines tonight

Also curious if the pcm is bad do I get one for the s vin or f vin seeing everyone talk about the get delete do I need that pcm or just a chip from a f vin know I need to replace upper and lower intakes and gasket as well all help is appreciated this place is very useful have been working on this truck off and on for a year with small increments of running without problems again thanks to all

The PCM does not come with a prom you you can get it from A local part store or rock auto just replaced mine for 83 buck