This is no remark toward any individual, just a comment on custom tuning. i have been reading about some of the large pulse widths, in combination with some pretty staggering timing advance numbers. In my own tuning, I have had caution buzzing in the back of my head, with the realization that this is a potentially lethal combination for cylinder pressure.

What happens is that this combination my be pseudo-ok for quick launches, and dyno indications, and otherwise non-heatsoak motor conditions. But when the throttle is left open (forgive the gas analogy) for more than a few secs, as in plowing, or towing, that same timing starts really escalating cylinder pressure, due to the ignition advancing effects of load and heat accumulation. Combustion occurs sooner in a nutshell. Peak cp's increase and advance as the load is held constant.

It drives home the importance of tuning with some kind pressure sensing equipment, under real world stress, off-the-dyno type monitoring.

I guess what I am saying is that longevity is traded off much quicker with tunes that do not compensate for dynamically changing heat and load conditions, but especially heat. After working with the EFI gang for a couple of weeks, they finally got these "compensation" tables revived for me personally on all OS's, so folks can start using them (they were inert from the factory). However the "MAP timing" compensation table is still inop, we may have to wait for that one.