Thread: Duramax runs 13.10@105 on #2

mtomac Guest

Clint's Duramax from ATS diesel ran a 13.10@105 mph on #2 only this past weekend at Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, CO. The track is at about 6000 feet.

[ 05-01-2003: Message edited by: Micheal Tomac ]</p>

That is moving!!!!

Do you get better times with tow/haul on or off?
    2002 D/A 4x4 Charcoal Gray Crew Cab. 285\'s and lovin it<br />Predator<br />JK 4\" exhaust installed

mtomac Guest

I always run the 1/4 mile in T/H mode. No sense of running thru the converter until 5th.

Question

Was 13.10 the actual time on the timeslip, or the corrected time?
    2001 Chevy 1500HD - 2wd/6.0/3.73

Cool

Dan,
    I raced the truck in both normal and T/H with no difference stock, however with the juice it shifts very, very slow in T/H, especially since I never use it. I assume if you drive in T/H alot it will train the trans and shift as fast as Normal mode. I lost ~0.2 seconds in T/H versus Normal. It seems to take too long for the converter to lock, but the increased efficency may make up for it.
    I can't and probably wount ever race in 4wd again since it seems my problem is getting worse. The truck pulls massively to the right in 4wd and makes quite a bit of noise, and doesn't disengage to well either. I will experiment with it and take it to the dealer and see what they say.
    As for the 13 sec diesel, I can't believe it. It must have some serious work done to it to get it in the low 13's like that. I guess that is to prove that their trans upgrade works well enough for 13's. If I ever get my 4wd straightened out I will look into that ugrade, after JK gives it his blessing of course. That is just amazing horsepower from that truck, I am very impressed!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

JA
    69 Chevy C-10 P/U, Supercharged 355cid, 1.66 60\' 12.25@106<br />68 Firebird, 355cid 12.50@107<br />2002 GMC 4x4 2500HD SLT D/A Ext.cab/short bed Polo Green, Arma Lined<br /><br />16.32@81 K&N <br />14.84@89.8 w/ Cold Juice(4wd)<br />14.78@92.5 w/ Cold Juice(2wd)Union Grove

Thanks Jason.....Good luck with the 4wd issues.
    2002 D/A 4x4 Charcoal Gray Crew Cab. 285\'s and lovin it<br />Predator<br />JK 4\" exhaust installed

Holey chit Bat Man ....

Smok'in .......

Three and a half tons mind you ...... Two Corvettes strapped together,only one making the power the other one getting dragged.....

MAC

Good times, shows what stacked boxes and a big set of injectors will do for a duramax. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don't forget the second turbocharger.
    Christian Roth<br />wizard@bd-power.com<br /><a href=\"http://www.bd-power.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.bd-power.com</a><br />1.800.887.5030

Talking

I am seeing Clint tommorow for the level 1 transmission upgrade, I know what is in his truck is TST powermax with competition programming Level 1 and Level 2 ATS upgrades for the Allison 2 Turbos 1 running into the other and high performance injectors I don't think he has propane running but could be wrong. He plans on having his truck into the 12 range this year

Adam
    TST Competition Powermax (Control Mounted in Overhead)<br />ATS Level I & II<br />4\" Magnaflow muffler<br />AFE Stage II w/Outerwear