Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 95 K3500 dies,,

Truck has not stalled since I put the PMD back on the intake. Pretty sure the problem was in the extension cable.
    1995 K3500 Silverado extended cab dually auto trans. Diamond Eye exhaust, KOJO chip, manual boost control, HD cooling, PMD behind bumper, modified fan clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GMC2500 View Post
    OK this might get long. I bought this 95 dually a couple years ago. Its had stalling and sometimes not starting problems since I have had it. I have put new fuel tank, new sender, new fuel lines, new lift pump, now wired to run whenever key is on, relocated pump driver and cooler up behind bumper, replaced injection pump wire harness, just put new crank sensor in, replaced fuel shut off on pump, new fuel filter.

Today it started and ran about 10 seconds and quit, and would not restart. First thing I did today was unplug the fuel shut off and checked for voltage with key on, had 12.3 volts, grabbed another shut off solenoid and plugged it in and it worked fine. So I plugged that back together. Then I grabbed a spare pump driver and plugged it in up by the pump, still no start.

So then I took the fuel shut off solenoid out and turned key on and ran some fuel out the hole, put shut off back in and it started, ran rough and quit a couple times but it would restart and then ran fine again. So next I put a piece of clear hose on return out of pump and left it run a long time checking for air, not a bubble. when it does run I can wiggle on wire connections, fuses, relays and cant make it quit. also never get any codes.

It will run a week or two just fine and then the stalling starts up again.

I have no idea what else to do with it. I have another engine wire harness I thought about putting on, or maybe new ignition switch. I am getting tired of throwing stuff at it and have it act up in a week or two again.

Starting to wonder if there is water in the fuel or air getting in the injection pump some how.

Anyone have any ideas?
    It's the oil pressure switch shutting off the lift pump