Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sloppy steering

This has been very helpful Gary. Thanks so much keeping us in the loop.
    I liked the video attachment. When and if you get it all dialed in, it would be great if you could do a walk around video showing all of the parts changed/involved with this process for those of us less educated in the ways of the steering system!
    Thanks again,
    Dave
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDavy View Post
    This has been very helpful Gary. Thanks so much keeping us in the loop.
    I liked the video attachment. When and if you get it all dialed in, it would be great if you could do a walk around video showing all of the parts changed/involved with this process for those of us less educated in the ways of the steering system!
    Thanks again,
    Dave
    I'd love to do that, my fear is I'm not actually super competent and I'd hate to spread incorrect knowledge around.

As it stands right now I've got the steering gear in, have flushed the fluid... All the mechanisms appear to be correct. But I'm still worried that I screwed something up along the way. In the spring before we head out with the trailer again i'll probably take all the shielding off again and put a video together showing me checking the torque on all the components. I definitely want to take another look at the pitman / idler. I think the power steering system is a bit of a closed system and it's working or it isn't. A good time to check for leaks too.
    GMC Sierra 2500hd 2004.5 now with ARP studs