Thread: 2001 LB7 fuel system/limp mode problem SOLVED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Limp mode always on

I have a 2001 chevy 2500HD with the LB7 duramax, one day the check service engine soon light came on and thw truck wont excede 2000rpm, please let me know if the JK tune will fix this issue

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Seanlb7 View Post
    I have a 2001 chevy 2500HD with the LB7 duramax, one day the check service engine soon light came on and thw truck wont excede 2000rpm, please let me know if the JK tune will fix this issue
    Welcome aboard!

Much depends on why. If the SES lamp is on, there are DTC's stored. You need to read the codes to find out why it limped. It may be a simple matter, or it could be serious. No knowing without the codes.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Quote Originally Posted by Seanlb7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DmaxMaverick View Post
    Welcome aboard!

Much depends on why. If the SES lamp is on, there are DTC's stored. You need to read the codes to find out why it limped. It may be a simple matter, or it could be serious. No knowing without the codes.

Yes check for DTC's. There may or may not be codes present. Having done this for many years now I with relate a few findings;

1) I have never seen the issue fixed with "parts"
    2) I have had people claim to have spent as much as $9k chasing this only to be fixed with tuning
    3) The tuning fix does not eliminate the need for fuel system upgrades (lift pump etc)

More reading:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/Du...20detected.htm
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!