Thread: Looking for help on idle Issue with LLY

My truck (04.5 chevy c/c dually 4X4)idles rough and smokes like crazy when stopped in drive sometimes.If I put it in neutral, its not as bad but can still notice it. I have tryed to troubleshoot myself but not much and its not consistant meaning it does it when cold and hot and not all the time.

The truck does have the Edge juice with attitude in it, if this helps.

Any suggestions or comments.

Thanks
    2004 Chevy CC Dually 4x4<br />1997 Chevy Crew Cab Dually<br />2001 Chevy Sub for wife

Kennedy Guest

There is also a Service Calibration that addresses some of these type of issues that your dealer can apply to your ECM.

Unhappy

I had already changed the fuel filter.
    Removed the Edge, no change.
    After reading through some of the threads on this web site it seems I may need the service calibration for the ECM. Appreciate the advice, I will update after the service.
    2004 Chevy CC Dually 4x4<br />1997 Chevy Crew Cab Dually<br />2001 Chevy Sub for wife

Unhappy

Just a little update on this issue. I finnally got the truck into the dealer this morning. I talked to the service writer and mentioned to him about the service calibrations and everything. He said that they would look into it, that was this morning.
    Well this afternoon I call him to get an update and of course " hey how you doing was just getting ready to call you" comes from the service writer. Well anyways, no updates needed but I do need 3 injectors and they will need to keep my truck for at least a week to get some information (compression check, injector readings, fuel quality, filter information and so on) to fill out these forms for GM to get the injectors. I have been reading these threads hoping that GM had figured it out but it sounds like there is a combined effort to fail via the service techs and GM. Needless to say I am ****ed and to top it off they give me a 1/2 ton truck to drive until they can fix my 1 ton. where is the justice in all this?
    Just another unhappy GM customer

Red face

To start this off, I appreciate the folks on this web site for not going off on me and allowing me to vent my frustration.

I used the http://calid.gm.com web page this weekend and found that my truck needed a few updates. I took this info to the dealer and was met with frustration. I felt like I learned more than their service tech knows. They indicated they would do the reflash but how will I know for sure? Can I take it to another dealer and they will be able to tell?

If I am reading the calibration history right it needs about 10 updates. Is there someone out there that can help me on this?