Thread: LB7 Injectors...

Arrow LB7 Injectors...

Was listening to local radio the other day when I heard an ad form a diesel shop offering to replace the injectors in an LB7 truck for $2900... This is a shop I hadn't heard of before.

Got me to thinking about injector service in general. What are people paying for a Duramax injector replacement using good parts, and by a shop that does it right the first time?

I'll throw in my $.02

The price of the proper Bosch remans alone pushes pretty close to that price so the injectors used would undoubtedly have to be 3rd party remans. That price certainly could not include new supply lines, and I would be suspicious about coolant replacement. We also as a matter of practice do thermostats because we are there and have the cover off and system drained. Realistically it takes 12hrs to do the job provided no major speed bumps along the way. Some can and may do it in less, but haste makes waste with these type of projects.

Add to that we've seen SO many LB7 injectors fall to the blue smoke issues after a mere 40k and sometimes less. For this reason we are favoring the SAC type nozzles.
    Last edited by Kennedy; 03-21-2016 at 09:33.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Tell us about SAC type nozzles and how they are better choice. I did a little reading online, but it wasn't completely clear. I plan on replacing the injectors in my truck this spring. More info is always better... Thx

The LB7 is unique in the Dmax lineup as it is the only model that uses the VCO style nozzle. The SAC nozzle is the mainstream nozzle used by Bosch on all other Dmax. It is my understanding that the SAC contributes a small amount of additional hydrocarbon emissions due to fuel lingering in the SAC. The VCO nozzle was designed to eliminate this. The catch is that with the VCO is that not only does it have to close off all 7 spray holes simultaneously, it also needs to deliver/distribute the fuel evenly. The SAC type just turns the fuel off and on.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!