Thread: 18:1 pistons

Default 18:1 pistons

Just a teaser that the 18:1's with the machined crown look like they will be available again very soon. Ceramic coated tops with microslick coated skirts.

More later...

1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

Old news, John Kennedy can supply them....
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook

Peninsular too

Quote Originally Posted by sctrailrider View Post
    Old news, John Kennedy can supply them....
    Nope. The machinist that he used is gone and John has not produced any for quite some time, nor is he planning to produce any in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
    Peninsular too
    Peninsular has standard pistons that have had the pin relocated to drop the piston down into the hole. Everything that I know about engines says this screws with quench which is a bad thing. They also just have anodized tops and no coating on the skirts.

These are basically a copy of what JK used to produce with updated coating technology.
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

Quote Originally Posted by JeepSJ View Post
    Nope. The machinist that he used is gone and John has not produced any for quite some time, nor is he planning to produce any in the future.

Peninsular has standard pistons that have had the pin relocated to drop the piston down into the hole. Everything that I know about engines says this screws with quench which is a bad thing. They also just have anodized tops and no coating on the skirts.

These are basically a copy of what JK used to produce with updated coating technology.
    I guess John changed his mind from a few weeks ago when we talked... maybe he will set us all straight here...
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by sctrailrider View Post
    I guess John changed his mind from a few weeks ago when we talked... maybe he will set us all straight here...
    He must have changed his mind from when I talked to him several months ago.