Thread: need detent cable bracket 700R

Default need detent cable bracket 700R

I am changing transmission in an 86 blazer 6.2 liter (Jcode) diesel from a 400 to a 700R. Does anyone have a source or part number for the detent cable, and detent cable bracket for the injection pump? Having a difficult time finding parts locally. Thanks Cory

Arrow

I don't have one (not in use), but the cable that goes to the pump is the TV cable (Throttle Valve). The "detent" cable is the "range selector" cable, and connects the shift selector (on the steering column) to the detent lever on the side of the tranny.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

The TV Cable is best bought new as they can stretch or become damaged over time.

There is a bracket which bolts to the back coolant block off plate on the drivers side head which the TV Cable snaps into and then a metal rod which attaches to the injection pump throttle lever.

I am trying to sell the 700 which is in my truck currently and going 5 speed. If you dont have any luck on the brackets I may be able to help you out in a couple of weeks.... (Dont know how long you want to wait).

Do yourself a huge favor and find a friend or source a Pressure gauge for measuring transmission line pressure. The only real difference then a normal pressure gauge is that it comes with about 4-5 foot of hose so you can monitor the pressure in the vehicle. 700's are very finicky about improper TV cable adjustment as it controls the fluid pressure through the transmission. If you dont check the pressure your gambling that the Line "Set" in the proper position when you first install and adjust it and if it is out of spec then you will find yourself replacing the transmission very soon.
    01 Chevy HD - Gasser
    85 K10 Suburbalanche with a Rebuilt 6.5 NA Diesel. Banks setup waiting on install
    (Stolen-2008 and now proudly serving a Drug Cartel in Mexico)95 K2500 6.5LTD 5speed, 150,000 miles)

Thanks guys. Would be very much interested when you make the change. Contact me by email. corymkishp2@gmail.com

Hi Guys New here but have been doing some reading here.

I have a 84 gmc 6.2 that had a started issue grinding. So I replaced the flywheel and finally got it back together after about 3 months. I got it started and took it for a drive but Im getting a shuttering affect ( its shaking and shimmering ) Does this relate to the TV Cable in any way ???
    I didnt undo the cable that I know of. I worked mainly on the bottom end of the truck . Seperated the tranny from the block and installed new flywheel. If its out of sink or tune ( TV cable ) will it do this. I only drove it around the block. Now Im kinda feeling depressed about this driving crappy. Any help

Quote Originally Posted by corymkishp2 View Post
    I am changing transmission in an 86 blazer 6.2 liter (Jcode) diesel from a 400 to a 700R. Does anyone have a source or part number for the detent cable, and detent cable bracket for the injection pump? Having a difficult time finding parts locally. Thanks Cory
    If someone has one, send it to me and I'll shoot the photos and produce a drawing - then return it to you. Would be nice to have a drawing on file...

Jim

These are tough to come by and have a rod and a few other things that would be hard to duplicate.

This bracket must be exact in order to allow the TV pressure to be exactly adjusted.

I have one, maybe two of these.

Let me know

Missy
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
    If someone has one, send it to me and I'll shoot the photos and produce a drawing - then return it to you. Would be nice to have a drawing on file...

Jim
    I have a couple of brackets that I picked up last summer. They are for some projects.

I'll send one to you for pics and drawing.

PM me your address and I'll send it out.

Here's my address: http://www.thedieselpage.com/#contact

Thanks,

Jim

Going out in the mail today.

It will be crossing paths with the 6.2L books I just ordered.

Just send it back when you are done.

Thanks,
    Joe

MorePower, Any chance of getting a file of the drawing if and when you get to it??