Just returned to AZ from two months in PA visiting parents and family. Truck sat in PA for 7 weeks with one start up about 1st of July. On morning of 20 July started truck to leave and had engine light and reduced power advisory. First mile and half is downhill to main road, so decided to go and head toward dealer (25 miles away) in case didn't clear. At bottom of hill, turned onto main road with slight upgrade. Found out reduced power really means no power. Turned around and barely made it back up hill to parents' place. Got out code reader for first time (this is not the time to be learning how to use code reader) and got P0102 which it said was "mass or volume air flow A circuit low". After using reader to clear codes, it finally went away, I thought. Turned everything around and hooked up Jeep Wrangler I was towing and headed out. Got about 5 miles and code hit again. Headed back to parent's place up the hill and just before I got to the top, the code cleared itself and the power came fully back. Let the truck idle a while at house, then drove it down hill and back up with no problems. Turned everything around again and headed out again with fingers crossed. Code never recurred. The humidity had been high for several days prior and it had rained heavily the two days prior to us leaving. My thinking is that the humidity from the rain had somehow affected a connection to the MAF sensor or the sensor itself and the heat from the engine running for a while finally dried out the problem area. Anyone have a better understanding of what might have caused this problem? Also, I would like to check out the sensor and the connections. Will someone explain to me where this sensor is located on my '09 Dmax? Any and all advice will be much appreciated.
Bob