Thread: Transmission Cooler Lines-Upgrades For Express van

Default Transmission Cooler Lines-Upgrades For Express van

I know DSG makes a kit, but a forum member mentioned it was not applicable for vans. Want to help a friend make the upgrade to his van so he won't have any problems with that during his season of business. What is needed for an upgrade? Just braided stainless steel lines.? Flush the coller? All help greatly appreciated!

New product?

I couldn't locate a Transmission cooler line upgrade. They do offer engine oil cooler lines though. I do not believe that this would be a bolt-on for the van though.

I'd either have some custom lines made up locally, or purchase another set of OEM lines and call it done for another 100k miles.

J

Actually, I may have mis-posted. I want to replace the lines which have been prone to leaking, in general. Which lines should be replaced, and wher can they be purchased?

GMD-
    Most drivers consider the engine lubricant oil cooler lines most problemmatic.
    I can't advise where is best replacement ... i can caution that whether you go OEM or aftermarket, be VERY careful how the lines are routed and supported. Occasionally the OEM connectors at the block/oil-filterpad let go, and sometimes abrasion in vicinity of enginemount causes catastrophic (or nuisance) leak. But the chronic pain is the aluminum crimp collar at the hose/tube junctions relaxes, yielding drooling all over front end....

Some drivers have replaced both the engine and transmission oil-cooler lines with oversized.
    tom m
    '95 6.5td 4L80E 3500/srw p/u

click on the limk in my signature line to see how to make them cheap and good...