Thread: Straight Pipes

Does anyone out there have a sound clip of a Duramax that is straight piped?
    alamovet@yahoo.com<br />2001 2500HD Extended Cab D/A<br />Edge Box from Kennedy Diesel<br />Kennedy Diesel 4\" (monster, gargantuan, whatever you want to call it, it\'s still 4\") exhaust<br />Isspro pyrometer & boost - A-pillar mount<br />Amsoil Dual Remote By-pass<br />Allison Deep Pan w/Transynd<br />Ranch Hand front end replacement and rear bumper<br />Diesel Page Member #6744

Cool

I DONT HAVE A SOUND CLIP BUT I PROMISE YOULL LIKE THE SOUND!!!!
    \'01 CHEVY D/A REG CAB 4X4<br />SPA DG-211 GUAGE<br />JUICE BOX BY EDGE<br />HUSKY FLOOR MATS<br />AMSOIL AIR FILTER<br />5 INCH EXHAUST<br />MY AIR BOX LOOKS LIKE SWISS CHEESE <br />XM SAT. RADIO<br />PEANUTGRWR@AOL.COM WHEN I GROW UP I DONT WANNA BE LIKE BROKERS!

Exclamation

Second that...

pontiac_m18 Guest

Talking

Make it 3 in a row as I've done mine also!! Love the ROAR!! Howard

LOUD on hard acceleration, mellow at idle, I like it.

i too have my dmax straight piped and will never go back. nothing better then watching peoples faces under hard acceleration...
    duman333
    2001 chevy dmax/alli cc 4wd ls...

Cool

Did you guys replaced the complete exaust to a biger one or just took the mufler out and welded a pipe of same diameter....Also how is the sound level in the cabin...

Did you guys replaced the complete exaust to a biger one or just took the mufler out and welded a pipe of same diameter....Also how is the sound level in the cabin...
    replaced muffler with section of 3.5" mandel bent pipe.

sound in cabin is fine .... 'till you mash it to the floor. then you can hear the exhaust over the engine.
    there is an area around 62-65 mph that is louder than the rest, but NOT objectionable.

Talking

You know it's loud when the people at the bus stop cover their ears as you roar by....

Talking

Do any of you guys that are Straight Piped have a Sound Clip File?
    I am considering this but, would really like to hear it first.
    Thanks, Scott [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2003 Chevy K2500HD LS CrewCab LongBed Forest Green/Dark Grey Cloth. Duramax/Allison. Added Lund, Vent Visor,BedRug Carpeted BedLiner.<br />Leer Cap with Browning Package.<p>Traded in 2002 Chevy K2500HD LS CrewCab LongBed Forest Green/Tan Cloth. Duramax/Allison. <br />Added: Westin Nerf Bars, Lund, Vent Visor, Husky Liners & Molded Mud Flaps. <br />Amsoil Series 3000 Oil & 2 Stage Air Filter, BedRug Carpeted BedLiner.<br />Leer Cap with Browning Package. Silverado Bowtie Brushed Aluminum Door Sills.<br />Power Tailgate Lock. Tekonsha Prodigy. Red/Gold PinStripe. Dynomax Muffler Makes it Roar!<p> <a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=dmax4me\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=dmax4me</a>

Cool

For a sound clip no I don't have one.

Best i can describe is to find a gravel train going by and listen. It's throaty!.

Ok, 2 pronged question here.
    1) will just removing the muffler give me a performance boost?
    2) if yes, and using a 4" straight or mufflered exhaust as the 100% mark, what percentage of a gain would I get?
    3) (not actually a prong, more of a fork) how much might it cost to just have the muffler replaced with a piece of pipe?

The research continues

Thanks
    SledZep, King of the run on sentence
    SledZep<br />02 Chevy 2500HD LT CC 4x4 SB D/A Onyx/Graphite 285/75\'s<br />2 Matching car seats in the back