Thread: My mirror stopped blinking, on my 2006

Default My mirror stopped blinking, on my 2006

Hi - I just bought a 2006 Silverado 2500HD, after an 8 year hiatus from diesel (my previous diesel was an 1986 GMC K2500 with a 6.2L equipped with a banks turbo - it made it to one of the early diesel rallies in Stevensville).

I did a little searching but couldn't find the answer - my drivers side mirror quit blinking after I manually slid extended it to tow position, and moved it back. It was working prior to the extension. I do not have power extending/retracting mirrors. The motorized mirror adjust feature quit working in the horizontal plane, but not the vertical plane, at the same time. Coincidence? I think not. Apparently there is a set of contacts somewhere is the mirror stalk that is dirty or corroded. Has anyone dealt with a similar issue?

The truck is a 2500HD 4X4 crewcab, with 95000 miles on it. It is equipped with most options - leather, etc, that one could get, but no sunroof.

Any help appreciated...

Tom

Sounds like a bad ground or the connector is lose inside the door panel.Or maybe the wires got crimmped inside the slide on the mirror extension.