Thread: new injectors installed

Default new injectors installed

2003 LB7 with 175K miles. I got my new injectors in last weekend. This is the 3rd set, originals were replaced under the extended warranty at about 98K. I bought the injectors with the SAC nozzles from Kennedy. It had the dreaded white smoke at hot idle (only sometimes) since January, but it wasn't "making oil" and mileage hadn't dropped off. I didn't drive it often.

It was my 1st attempt at injectors, but I did have the help of a friend who is a diesel mechanic and has done a few LB7s. It all went well, I did have 1 cup pull due to a leaky bottom injector seal that carboned the injector into the cup. Took me about 18 hours to r/r from start to finish.

It seems to run much quieter with the new injectors, but I do notice a little more black smoke than it used to when I accelerate from a stop. I have about 100 miles on it since last weekend. Is this normal? Does it take the computer some time to re-calibrate?

Bob
    tufcj

The SAC type nozzles have the potential to deliver more fuel (based on right foot0 so you will notice increased performance and potentially more smoke during turbo lag. They will not "adjust" but if you are running any sort of performance enhancing tuning it will need to be adjusted down to respect the limits of the stock Allison.

I did a dyno plot on my Kennedy Diesel FB page: https://www.facebook.com/kennedydies...type=3&theater
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Everything in the tune is bone stock. Would it help to add one of your boost valves?

Bob
    tufcj

It might depending on how much boost it is making at that point. Tuning (timing in particular) can also help.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!