Thread: Need help with P003A & P2563 codes

Default Need help with P003A & P2563 codes

I have an 06 CCSB 2500 4x4 all stock with the exception of a 4 inch down pipe back exhaust no muffler. It has 39,000 miles. It's also never had a programmer on it. It keeps throwing the codes P003A & P2563. It's been to the dealership twice. The first time they replaced the vane position sensor. The second time they replaced the turbo vane control valve. They've also checked all the wiring and connections. The code has just come up again. They really don't know what the problem could be now. As with most of these dealerships, they really don't have anyone that highly familiar with diesels. I'm not really excited about having the cab pulled to have a new turbo put on it. Anyone have any ideas?

mines doing the same thing, Im going in today to see what a replacement turbo is going to cost..
    06 1ton 4X4 duramax/6speed ext.cab WT
    Hummer wheels :^)
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake

It is quite common and typically does not require any parts. The turbo vane control (unison) ring gets stuck on the pilot due to growing corrosion. The fix is pretty simple although many tend to get scared off and just replace the turbo. I've done the repair recently on my own truck. The labor to fix versus replace is nearly the same. The turbo gets split exposing the unison ring. It typically needs to be pried off it will be so tight. The pilot on the housing needs to be mechanically cleaned (grinding operation) and then I polish for good measures and smear some dielectric grease on the surface. In rare cases, the ring itself may be cracked. Then we replace the ring.

I have plans to do a Tech Tip at some point. I have the pics just need to make the time.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!