Thread: dmax impala biodiesel

Default dmax impala biodiesel

check this out--especially at the end at the 1/4 mile track;
    http://awakeatthewheel.net/2007/04/2...my-ride-video/
    2005 Duramax Silverado EC, LB. 6" Rough Country lift, Cognito double shock hoop w/ Fox 2.0 shocks at front, Idler pivot assembly, Idler/pitman support, Tie rod steering kit and Bilstein 5100s at rear. Firestone airbags. Predator. AMP power steps. 33" Nitto w/ Dick Cepeck wheels

That was great. Shame on GM for not giving us the option of this motor in more than just the pick up trucks.
    1995 K2500 Ext cab PU, SS Diesel Marine Injectors, 4" exhaust, air intake, 97' cooling upgrade, Heath Chip, remote mount PMD and Turbo Boost Controller, Bully Dog pillar gauges.
    1997 K2500 Suburban,SS Diesel Supply 4" exhaust, Duramax fan 180 deg t-stats, Heath PCM, remote mount PMD and Turbo Boost Controller, Bank's pillar gauges
    1997 Coachman 30' Camper Trailer
    Pace 8.5X16' cargo trailer

I just want to know what they used for a wiring harness? Did they hack a truck harness, or is GM making a stand-alone harness for the D-Max?
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

Default diesel choices

just spent ten days in munich--it drives me crazy to see so many diesel choices in another country!
    Skoda, Opel, Vw,Benz, Bmw,Toyota,Audi, Puegot, Mini, Smart--just to name a few.
    Almost every other car/truck was a diesel. I guess we will start to see more diesels here by the end of the year.

Also biodiesel was less than one euro a liter.
    2005 Duramax Silverado EC, LB. 6" Rough Country lift, Cognito double shock hoop w/ Fox 2.0 shocks at front, Idler pivot assembly, Idler/pitman support, Tie rod steering kit and Bilstein 5100s at rear. Firestone airbags. Predator. AMP power steps. 33" Nitto w/ Dick Cepeck wheels

Hmmm. I don't think that is all that good. According to onlineconversion, 1 Euro = 1.35 US. It takes 3.78 Litres to make a gallon. So if it was exactly 1 euro it would equal 1.35 x 3.78 = $5.10 a gallon...

If it was .80 Euros/ Litre than it would be 1.08 x 3.78 = $4.08 / gal. I don't think that is such a great deal. Hate to bust your bubble with the conversion. Now since most of thier diesel cars get great mileage you make out there.

I know my wife's 1.9l PD TDI gets 35 in nasty city traffic. She averages out to it costing us $10 per 100 miles driven to fill up. My truck comes out to around $20+. I could do the math to figure it exactly, but it took $30 to fill her tank last night and she drove a hair over 300 miles... Same miles driven took me over $60 to fill up.
    2007 Silverado, 3500HD, 4X4, CC, Long Bed, SRW, LMM Diesel, Navi, DVD, Roll-N-Lock Cover, ICI Running Boards, CoastalEtech GM Lockpick for DVD/Nav changes in Motion, Back-up Camera...

2006.5 VW Jetta Special Edition TDI - Blue Graphite - European Spec VW Fact. Nav Radio.

Default no bubble

no bubble to burst. just letting people know what it cost. Fuel as been almost twice as musch in europe for a long time becuse of taxes. Biodiesel is under one euro a liter ( around .80). regular diesel about 1.3 euros. super diesel about 1.5. and regular gas about 1.5.

Default Questions on this build?

If any members have any questions on this build contact me at yacht4you@hotmail.com. I have a good friend in California that was a 'hands-on' member of the build team for this.

Jimbucks
    Jim Glus, No longer in the Keys. Traded off Latitude for the Altitude of BV, Colorado in order to adjust attitude.