Thread: Rear View Camera Question

Default Rear View Camera Question

2012 3500hd drw. Rear camera view is not real defined or clear. Owners manual says one can adjust brightness and clarity. But my system (I do have navigation system) never let me get to that screen. Is it not working properly or is that not offerred on dually models? I know the lane projection lines are not available on the dually. But I would think I ought to at least make the picture have more definition.

Simple stuff first: Is the lens clean? I'm always blown away by cell phone pics that are taken with an obviously dirty lens...

Camera lens is clean. Stopped at the dealer and service writer and I read the manual together. Neither of us could get to a screen that offerred adjustment of brightness and contrast as shown in manual on my nav screen. he was baffled. Leaving for an RV trip for a a week or so. Told him I would bring it back after trip. So nowhere slowlly thus far. Anybody got any other suggestions?

Screen brightness dims with the dash light dimmer. Took me a bit to find this, but believe me backing a trailer in pitch dark with the camera lighting up the cab is no treat. Add to that the higher bed sides and visibility is poor at best.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I understand that you have been to your local dealership regarding the issue you are having with your rear view camera, JohnnyR. Since your last post, have you resolve this issue? You mentioned that you are planning to bring the vehicle back to the dealership. I would be happy to reach out to them to make sure we are utilizing all of our resources to resolve this issue. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
    For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.