Thread: Lighten up the load

Default Lighten up the load

I have an 06 LBZ 6.6 extended cab 2x4. I am trying to think of ways to lighten the truck weight so i can max out comfort and speed.

I have thought of a light weight tailgate but not sure if theres any good ones out there. also i have a ranch hand on the front and need to have some kind of brush guard for deer for i am in central texas. any light weight solutions??

my first thoughts:
    Comfort? A 3/4 ton truck's suspension is designed to have some weight on it. Take too much off and the springs won't deflect and your ride (comfort) will suffer.

Speed? You're governed at about 95mph and the gearing means that faster than that is in the red zone on that guage that tells you how fast your engine is spinning... Bigger tires might give you a few more MPH but your fuel economy will suffer.

Maybe try some different shocks on all 4 corners.
    Take the ranch hand off the front and make sure your insurance is paid up...

what kind of new shocks would you recommend for ride(comfort)??

now i have a EFI Live tune set up on this truck so It definitely not governed anymore. I have got the EGR deleted along with the DPF. Banks cold air intake with a scoop and a billet wheel for the turbo.

Im not really sure on what to do next for speed other than weight. Any thought?