Thread: Gale Banks

Default Gale Banks

Has anyone installed a six shooter from Banks and can you tell me how it was dealing with them and is the shooter all they say it is ?

installed the ottomind 6 and it is all that they said. Six gun would be as well i am more then sure. my dealing with them was first rate. would recomend them highly
    2005 Silverado 2500HD CC 4X4 5-speed Allison KD transfer case upgrade Reflex Spray in Bed coating, Access tonneau cover, Banks Ottomind 6 Tuner with Power PDA, Banks Monster exhaust,Banks Ram air intake. Ultrastart remote starter,Blistein shocks,Mag-hytech deep trans pan, Pulling 1982 27.5 ft Golden Falcon TT 275,000 kms

My experience with them was negative. I ordered an exhaust brake and it came faulty, the valve stuck closed. They made me pay for reshipping the replacement part and to ship the faulty part back. The new part was also faulty (same problem). They again made me pay for shipping both ways. Third time, the part was okay. I was unhappy with the treatment and how they made me pay for their mistakes.
    1) '03 GMC 2500HD Dmax/Ali Ext/Short 4x4; 4" exhaust, egt and boost gauges; exhaust brake; Bilsteins; BD exhaust manifold; Oil Guard bypass; Lubrication pre oem fuel filter; Tekonsha Prodigy; Mag-Hytec differential cover; Suncoast V transmission w/deep oil sump
    2) '07 Classic GMC 2500HD Dmax/Ali Ext/Short 4x4'; Bilsteins, Silastic shackles, BD exhaust manifold; Oil Guard bypass; Lubrication pre oem fuel filter; Tekonsha Prodigy; Federico sway bars; Dipricol boost and egt gauges; Transgo Jr,, Mag-Hytec differential and transmission pan

Post Banks

Thanks for the replies, I ordered a catalog from them last winter and started receiving phone calls from them shortly after that.
    I ended up buying the Ram Air Intake. When I went to install it I found the holes did not line-up for the filter and the housing, not even close. I took a couple of pic of this and email them to the person from Banks that had been calling me, along with a note asking them about there quality control. The next day I received a call from a different person saying they would send out two new parts and a shipper letting ship back the parts that did not match.
    That's the last I have every heard from them, no call back or email asking how the parts fit or a sorry for your trouble.

money

Next time, call VISA (while Cesar is standing there scratching his hair implants) and inform them that Banks Engineering made two unauthorized charge to your card, and refuse acceptance of their merchandise.

Game over.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

NutNbutGMC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rinker View Post
    Next time, call VISA (while Cesar is standing there scratching his hair implants) and inform them that Banks Engineering made two unauthorized charge to your card, and refuse acceptance of their merchandise.

Game over.
    Yes, there is merit to this strategy. It's consumer protection and it's provided by federal law. Some stipulations do apply, such as a 30 day time period. After that, it becomes a bit more difficult. However the process that Mark has mentioned is indeed a legitimate way of consumer protection. Document everything. IIRC, $50 is all one can be held liable for in the event of unauthorized charges or fraud.

I have used this several times for my benefit.

Consumer protection is a common search topic on the net.

Refusing acceptance to an item is also a play on ownership. Even if it arrives at your door step, one can refuse the item and it will be returned to the shipper (RTS) at their expense. The shipper has no choice. It does not become your item of responsibility until you accept it. Even at that, if it is unopened (and they left it while you were not there to acceppt it) you can call the courier and refuse it.

Cool Big Hoss Bundle

Two weeks ago I had the BANKS BIG HOSS BUNDLE installed on my O7 GMC. I took it to Azusa and had Banks install it. The Duramax LBZ motor (stock) is already a KICK-ASS machine. Now it's a FRIKKIN ROCKET ! ! ! I think the next thing I need to buy is a parachute to slow down like the dragsters have. I had one small problem with the package. In the morning 1st start up cold motor, the PDA would flash a code 21 fuel rail pressure voltage too low. I called Banks and they made me an appointment within 3days. They changed the module in one hour and problem gone zero dollars charged. My fuel economy pre BIG HOSS BUNDLE was 16 - 18 MPG. My first tank of fuel after BIG HOSS was 16 MPG but I must admit I was showing off a little (actually a lot). This thing HAULS ASS and I have only adjusted the PDA to power level 3. I still got levels 4 , 5 , and 6 to go "OH **** ! " My second tank of fuel I didn't race anybody (I was a good boy) and I got 19 MPG city. I am totally satisfied with the Banks products and installation in fact I'am STOKED. It was a little expensive but well worth it.

Arrow

How are you calculating your mileage? If you are going by the DIC, you'll be in for a disappointment. Your mileage will likely be less than before if you are using any power adding Banks product. This happens with most all power adders, but I've yet to see one Banks that doesn't. If you are calculating by hand (miles traveled vs. fuel used), congratulations.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

...and if I can be so forward, what was the final $$$ spent for parts and installation? I am considering that very package for the '06 - if snowplowing goes well this winter...
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Cool Answers to Maverick & Rinker questions about BANKS BUNDLE

Sorry I had not responded to both of your questions earlier but I just got back from a road trip to Ogden UT. in the 07 GMC. 1st question from Mr Maverick about calculated fuel economy. It was measured by dividing gallons used into miles driven in all situations. This recent road trip was the first long hwy miles driven since the Banks install. This trip avg. was from 19 mpg to 22 mpg at cruise control 70 - 80 mph. power level 3. Hey by the way I rode my Harley up to your city about 3 years ago, Springville that is. I used to work with your sheriff up there. I had lunch in the little cafe with the bullet hole in the window next to the Chevron station. Nice little town. 2nd question from Mr Rinker about the $$$$.$$ Yes you are a little foreword to ask how much it costs HOWEVER it's a DAMN GOOD question. Therefore I shall answer it truthfully. I made the deal with Banks at the RV show in Pomona CA. They had a booth there and they were giving the "so called show discount" of 15 percent off. I was able to get the BIG HOSS BUNDLE with installation and warranty plus tech support, since they did the install for thirty eight hundred and forty five bucks and change. Before I took my truck up to Banks I checked with our local Orange county CA 4X4 shops and I got quotes as high as six thousand bucks. So it's only money. IF YOU WANNA PLAY YOU GOTTA PAY ! But you got a long drive from Elk River MN. to Azusa CA

Arrow

Hehe. How long ago did you work with our Sheriff, and doing what, if I may ask? That would have been me until about 10 years ago. Retired now. Hope you enjoyed our little town.

Congratulations on the mileage. That's excellent.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Red face Springville Sheriff

I worked with him, Deputy Buck that is b4 he was a cop in your town doing secret stuff. 2002 and backwards.