Thread: New to the forum have an odd question

Default New to the forum have an odd question

Hi all!! Ive been a fan of this forum for a while, but, this is my first post. I have a somewhat odd question. I have a 1995 3500 with a 6.5 123k org miles. The waste gate is manual, ops bypassed, lift pump and glow plugs on switches, vaccumn pump removed. I have a pretty severe(was intermitent fuel leak). The fuel is pooling in the valley of the motor. My ac compressor locked up and threw part of the belt. Long build up, but, here is my question: could the fuel pooling in the valley be shorting out a few things and causing codes or could the belt partially shredding have cut some wires? All the codes are sensor faults(ecm voltage drop, wastegate fault, crankshaft position fault, and a few others). Ive never had the check engine light come on until the belt went and the fuel pooled really deep in the valley. So, in short, could the fuel leak be the cause( it was bad enough to pool partially up the injection pump).

Thanks

I wouldn’t think it would...I’ve hosed my engine off a million times and never had a problem. The belt coming apart would affect the front of the engine and that’s where I would start looking for a cut or damaged wire....
    06 1ton 4X4 duramax/6speed ext.cab WT
    Hummer wheels :^)
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake