Thread: Quick Thanks

Default Quick Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to TDP and all of the great people that use it, posting questions, answers, and experiences. It's been a wealth of "real-world" information that has helped lead me to owning my first diesel truck, an '06 Chevy 2500HD. This means I can also thank you all for many more years of payments that I didn't need. I've never had such large group of people unknowingly conspire to spend my money so easily.

Thanks again for all your posts and advice, it really has been a big help.

I guess I can change my profile now from 'D/A Shopping' to something else...

Talking

Congrats on the new truck! Glad you're with us.

Time to accessorize!

Jim

Default Congrats

Congrats..

Put your truck and accessories as you get them in your signature... That way people can ask you if you like them or pros/cons...

Enjoy your new ride!
    2007 Silverado, 3500HD, 4X4, CC, Long Bed, SRW, LMM Diesel, Navi, DVD, Roll-N-Lock Cover, ICI Running Boards, CoastalEtech GM Lockpick for DVD/Nav changes in Motion, Back-up Camera...

2006.5 VW Jetta Special Edition TDI - Blue Graphite - European Spec VW Fact. Nav Radio.

NutNbutGMC Guest

Congrats on the new machine.

Thanks guys. It's been funny so far, I've been asked a few times "what ya pulling with that?". My response is eye-opening to them: 'nothing'. I have a plan, but it's gonna take some time. I didn't want to reach the point of getting a TT and then also have to buy something to pull it with too. So, figure I'll get the truck first and then down the road when it's TT time, I don't have to buy both at same time. In the meantime, this truck will do nicely in supporting my motocross habit.
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 CC LB

LOL - this is probably more embarassing than anything else, but I cannot stop grinning driving this truck! I don't even like putting the radio on much 'cause it covers up the sound of the motor! I think I need counseling! Man I hope this is normal and I'm not the only one....
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 CC LB

Well, its either normal - or we are both weird. I don't listen to the radio much while working/driving. Often times, the sound of the engine, brakes, or load can be the first indicator of something changing.

MRE has rolled up over 600K GM diesel miles since starting here at TDP with a dilapidated 1994 6.5TD plow truck back in 2002.

Its become a healthy addiction.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K