I have a 2002 2500HD Duramax I purchased new for daily driving and ocasionally towing a 12000 lb 5th wheel camper. Only problem other than normal maintainance was a water pump change at 110,000 miles. I left south Louisiana towing the camper and all was well until I exited I 20 at Tyler, TX. when I tried to accelerate from the stop sign I had no power, the engine actually died but easily restarted. I had truck towed to Chevy Dealership in Tyler the tech said I had a low rail fuel pressure trouble code and my fuel filter was plugged, This was a new filter installed just prior to the trip.
Thinking I may have gotten some bad fuel at a stop 100 miles prior to problem starting. I authorized them to change the filter, clean injectors and put additive in fuel tank to the tune of $432. I watched as he drained the filter and saw only clean fuel come out No trash or Water
I was on my way again when I encountered a grade that caused a downshift, I immediately had no power to pull the grade
Got the rig off the road and called Tyler Chevy The insisted that it was dirty fuel and offered no further assistance.
At this point we cancelled our trip and limped home.
The truck runs fine without a load and will pull the trailer fine down the interstate at 65/70 mph If I have to stop for any reason I have no pulling power and have to nurse it up to speed, if the transmisson downshifts while pulling a load I have no power. The truck starts and runs good no smoking no missing