Thread: End of the road.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very interesting read, this one, D Max. I mean, regarding both cars. Been wondering about these for a long time, without having read anything on either in the publications.

Sure wish I'd held off in 13, when we bought our 011 Malibu flood car. I'm thinking that the intent that I had, regarding a Cruze, was passed up too easily.
    Now, I'm spending money like a drunken sailor on other stuff and will be out of the market for a couple of years at the very least.

One question. Did/does the Cruze have the same electronic power steering as the Malibu? Sure hope not.
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DickWells View Post
    Very interesting read, this one, D Max. I mean, regarding both cars. Been wondering about these for a long time, without having read anything on either in the publications.

Sure wish I'd held off in 13, when we bought our 011 Malibu flood car. I'm thinking that the intent that I had, regarding a Cruze, was passed up too easily.
    Now, I'm spending money like a drunken sailor on other stuff and will be out of the market for a couple of years at the very least.

One question. Did/does the Cruze have the same electronic power steering as the Malibu? Sure hope not.
    Electric? Yes. Reported problems or recalls? No. It's the same design, but the Malibu line has had issues with this since the 2005 M/Y. The dealers keep replacing the wrong parts, or try "calibrating" the damn thing. The problem is the load sensor on the column. It's a faulty design, unique to the Malibu. I've dealt with a few of them, including my mother's 2005 Maxx (nice car, otherwise).
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Arrow

I always thought the Volt was promoted badly. Like low energy light bulbs, the government gets involved and makes it seem like (or is in actuality) a mandate. This is why Obamacare was so hated.

Like the LED light bulbs, there is a genuine conservative argument to be made for the use of electric assisted cars, but the argument has to be based on a good outcome - "you'll save money and not experience inconvenience."

You can bet that if I still commuted, I would likely have a Volt. Keep us updated... I like hearing about it.