Thread: 06 LBZ problems

Default 06 LBZ problems

Hi I'm new to the forum I am having a problem with my 06 lbz I thought maybe something you can help I was driving my truck the other day and all the sudden I hear a loud pop that sounds like a misfire come from under my hood-after It did this the truck begin to runs sluggish if I give it more acceleration it would blow Blacksmoke and not want to run I change the fuel filter and test drove the truck at first it ran fine but after about five or 10 minutes It did the same thing any suggestions thanks The only etc on the truck is for a glow plug and I get a p003a from time to time

Arrow

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you blew off an intercooler coupler (pipe/elbow/hose). If you recently did/had work on it, it may not have been properly tightened, or a clamp failed. Other possibilities, which are more rare, ruptured plumbing or the intercooler itself. The upside to this is, the fix is normally cheap or free, and easily located. Just follow the intake plumbing from the turbo compressor outlet to the intake plenum.

Let us know what find.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks for the info this is what I thought I had at first to checked all the plumbing From turbo to intercooler and then back up to the air plenum and unfortunately all looks good