Thread: 95 k2500 a/c blend doors

Default 95 k2500 a/c blend doors

My 95 K2500's air conditioner seems to have a mind of it's own. I can put it on max a/c and hit the recirculation button and it will kick up and run like I think it should. Or at least it sounds like it.

However I have air coming out of everywhere, defrost vents, floor, etc. If I select floor all the air comes out there, If I select defrost all the air comes out there.

So I don't know if I have a blend door or max a/c issue... or both.

HELP

Thanks
    Big Green

That sounds like it's running normal. Can the a/c cool the cab ,when you get on your way, or does it take a long time?
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.

It cools the cab but with the max a/c having a mind of it's own it takes longer than I think it should.

the air coming out is nice and cold.

It's just when I put it on max I expect it to stay on max until I turn it down or off.

Big Green

Have you checked to see if it will take some more R134 freon? , maybe it just needs topping off.
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.