Thread: LML Fuel Economy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow LML Fuel Economy

We are getting just a tad better mpg towing with our LMM than we did with our 07 classic LBZ. And about 1 to 2 mpg better empty. It gets about the same as our 02 GMC did.
    And it pulls better "way better than they did. Even with the exhaust and edge on the 02.

my truck just went to 14 mpg and its still got the break in oil in it.
    it's on it's 4th tank of fuel.3rd fuel filter. 2545 miles.63.5 gal fuel tank(s)

i'd like to know what other 2011 3500HD people are getting for MPG with their rigs
    keep your sawchain tight & sharp,don't force a dull chain to cut.

[URL="http://www.woodnsaws.org"]www.woodnsaws.org[/URL]

I'm in the market and would like to see some real world reports on mileage. All I have found so far is predictions and outlandish claims. Maybe there's not that many owners of 2011s here yet to report?
    2014 K2500HD Crew Cab LTZ Duramax / Allison 4x4

In my experience, no way is the LML more fuel efficient than the LBZ; towing that is. Just got back from 1500 mile trip in which the conditions were as good as I've ever experienced and the LML was a tad less than 10mpg. Just a guess but I'd suspect the LBZ would have been about 12 on that haul. Non towing the LML may be 1mpg better city and about the same on the highway.
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML
    Red with Dark Cashmer Light Cashmer
    Superglide 5th wheel hitch
    Bed Rug
    Jack Rabbit Full Metal Jacket bed cover
    Aries 4" oval step rails

LBZ now lives in Wisc.

Cool

Well I don't know what others are getting but I know what our lml is getting and what our lbz got mpg wise and we tow very heavy. And it isn't an out landish claim. I have no reason to lie. And even if this truck got less mpg than our lbz did I would still be happy. Just due to the brakes and so forth on this new truck. I haven't changed my fuel filter yet if someone has changed their fuel filter 3 times in 4 tanks of fuel ? you think maybe fuel is their issue and not the truck ???. I only have 7,000 miles on it so far and love it.

11,000 miles, new fuel filter and oil, last towing trip of the season, unfavorable wind, 8.1 mpg. LBZ conservatively would have been 1 mpg better, that route run enough times to know. LML unloaded, adverse city, 12.5, LBZ would be 11.5. LML pulls hotter, but a tad stronger. Overall LML a much better truck in so many respects.
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML
    Red with Dark Cashmer Light Cashmer
    Superglide 5th wheel hitch
    Bed Rug
    Jack Rabbit Full Metal Jacket bed cover
    Aries 4" oval step rails

LBZ now lives in Wisc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkie Diesel View Post
    I'm in the market and would like to see some real world reports on mileage. All I have found so far is predictions and outlandish claims. Maybe there's not that many owners of 2011s here yet to report?
    bought new 15' 2500HD last August; now have 23000m, about 85% towing a 3 ton TT cross country. So far avg. mpg towing is about 12. Ranges from 10 to 17 depending on wind. Crossing the mtns. is not an issue; acutally get mileage above 13. It's the wind on the plains that knocks back the avg. The 30' trailer is 11' tall, and it's like towing vertical sheets of plywood down the road.
    Am picking up a new fiver (5 ton) next month in WA. will keep posted what new mileage is. Trailer is taller, but has "aerodynamic" cap in front, whereas now I have a wall of fiberglass on my TT.
    Diesel is awesome, as they say "you'll never go back"

Phil