Hi all, I'm converting my 1970 Chevy C-10 pickup from a 350 to a 6.5L.

The "before" shot

First a little history:

My grandfather and my 2 great uncles owned a construction company. In 1970 each brother got a new truck. The company ordered the trucks from Chevrolet and payed for the truck and things like a heavy duty suspension and a heavy duty radiator and power steering. My grandpa payed a little extra for the overstuffed bench seat.
Fast forward to today. The truck currently has 309K miles on the odometer (actually it reads 09K, anybody want to buy a 1970 with only 9,000 miles? ) and I've put about 120K of those miles on it! The cab shows it's age for sure:

Yes, that's a bbq meat air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror (don't ask). About 3 months ago the 350 went south and with the way fuel prices have been going I wanted to convert to diesel with the eventual aim of running straight veggie oil. For now I'll be running biodiesel as my friend and I can buy it in bulk for roughly $3.50 a gallon delivered to his or my warehouse space (#2 is about $4.60 a gallon here currently in the SF Bay Area).

This will be an ongoing thread until I'm "finished."