Thread: 2005 LLY knocking still

Default 2005 LLY knocking still

I took it to be diagnosed and they told me it was the ficm and injector 1,2, and 3 where possibly faulty. I bought a used ficm and installed it and nothing changed. Could the old one have damaged the injectors? And why those three? I'm getting very frustrated and don't wanna keep throwing money in it. I looked for shorts in the harness and haven't found any yet. Is there a place I should look for one that would cause those three injectors to not work right? I did try disconnecting injector 1,2,and 3 one at a time and starting the truck but I got a completely different result when doing that.

What codes have been thrown?

The LLY's sure seem to have a lot of wiring issues. Most commonly a wiring issue particularly near the FICM.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Default Codes

P0201
    P0202
    P0203
    Malfunction in circuit ficm injectors 1,2,3
    I can't find any shorts. Can this be caused by transmission oil gettin into the connectors of the ficm? My cooler busted and sprayed all over the engine compartment a couple months ago. But it had no trouble till very recently.

I just cleared the codes and tried again to find a short with no luck. To get the truck to throw me a code, do I have to drive it or let it run a while? I started it up for a minute and no codes. It sounds the same. Thinking about trying to get the problem injector or injectors tested but I need to be sure which injectors are ruining my day.