Thread: Opinion about Wiring

I know that the 2003s have a completely different wiring setup than the 2002s. I have a Duramax swap project in mind in the next year or so. I'm trying to figure out if I'll create a lot more headaches by salvaging a 2003 and up versus a 2001-02. Has anybody worked with one yet? The reason I post it on the project page, is because my project is very close to this one. I'll be installing a Duramax into a 92 K-Blazer.

Arrow

The simplest conversions will likely involve using C4500 harness(es), ECM/TCM, and instrumentation. These are simpler because there are fewer security and body control systems. The unkowns include programming options and compatibility with aftermarket products.

By the way, the medium-duty ECM/TCM can be programmed for different rear axle ratios and tire sizes.

I needed control for the NVG-263 electronic transfer case, which is partly why I chose a 2001 C/K package. The second reason is that 2001-2002 trucks & parts are somewhat more available at auto salvage centers.

MP

You lost me there. Is the C4500 harness for the 2001-02 or is that the new one. I don't know the names quite yet.

Brain-fart.... I just realized you meant the C4500 platform, as in medium duty truck. Thanks, that's a great idea.

[ 01-31-2004, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: buffy ]