Thread: Fix for shaky glass in power extending mirrors?

Default Fix for shaky glass in power extending mirrors?

Anyone seen a good, inexpensive fix for shaky glass in the power-extending mirrors? I like the mirrors, especially since I've managed to keep the power-extending portion working, but I'd like the glass not to shake so much. I haven't found anything that I can tighten to get rid of the play.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
    ------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy is free, Respect must be earned.

------------------------------------------------------
    2003 GMC CCSB D/A. Stock except for GY LT285/75R16 MTR tires
    Frequently seen tandem-towing a Keystone Laredo 30BH and a 'custom' dirt-bike trailer full of Honda bikes for the family in and around Michigan.

I've heard of people taking the mirror apart and gluing springs on the inside frame so that the springs touch the back of the glass on both sides. I don't know what kind or where they buy the springs, I suspect they would be a very mild tension like a slide spring for a motorcycle carb. I would try putting a piece of sponge behind the glass on both sides.
    You should be able to do this without taking them apart. Some aftermarket mirrors offer replacement springs for thier products. A long time ago I fixed a mirror for someone by taking it apart and bending the end of the springs a hair making them tighter and putting them back.

Default Check With Power Vision

Give Power Vision, the mirror manufacture a call at 866-901-2954. I have found them to be very helpful in troubleshooting and correcting problems with their mirrors.
    2005 Chevy 2500HD, CC, SB, 4X4, Duramax, ARE Topper, 60 gallon RDS toolbox/tank combo, Kennedy Headlight Booster, Isspro pyrometer and boost gauges, EGR Blocker, PCV Kit, Bilsteins, 265 Michelin MS-2, TTS Exhaust, pulling 35' Jayco travel trailer.