Thread: Soon to be 6.2/6.5 owner?

Default Soon to be 6.2/6.5 owner?

Hi guys!

Figured I'd introduce myself quickly. I'm planning on plunging headfirst into the shallows of the diesel pool by acquiring one of those blue Chevy Hi-Cube surplus vans. I'm an electrician's apprentice who likes camping and motorcycles. What better way to get satisfy all three needs than to buy one of these?

I've got quite a bit of mechanical experience but probably not a ton of brains or money since I can't stop messing with things on wheels. I'm on the left on my totally home-built 1977 HD XLCH Sportster:

Hope to be learning enough about these motors to stay outta trouble. I'll be starting a thread in the 6.2 section to get some more info. I might be driving one home this weekend!

Welcome to TDP

O'l blue looks pretty good.

Curious, where was the picture of the bikes taken????
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Thumbs up Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by callmebob View Post
    Hi guys!

Figured I'd introduce myself quickly. I'm planning on plunging headfirst into the shallows of the diesel pool by acquiring one of those blue Chevy Hi-Cube surplus vans. I'm an electrician's apprentice who likes camping and motorcycles. What better way to get satisfy all three needs than to buy one of these?

I've got quite a bit of mechanical experience but probably not a ton of brains or money since I can't stop messing with things on wheels. I'm on the left on my totally home-built 1977 HD XLCH Sportster:

Hope to be learning enough about these motors to stay outta trouble. I'll be starting a thread in the 6.2 section to get some more info. I might be driving one home this weekend!
    Like the Sporty. Nice job

Arrow

Welcome! Can't guarantee you'll stay out of trouble, but you will learn a few things here.

Your bike makes me think about the 4" of snow outside and the teens in overnight lows... It'll be spring soon...

Is that a vintage Honda V45 or 65 Magna on the right in the above photo? I ride a vintage Yamaha now and then when it's not below zero.

Jim