Thread: Dick's photos.???????

Default Dick's photos.???????

I hope this doesn't drive you guys and gals nuts, but, here's where I am, or, where I'm not with this photo posting thing.

I finally got to where I thought I could tackle posting the shots that I took, on my cell, of the broken rear axle tube on my Sierra, back in 014. Went to the Photo Forum and read it through, decided that the only way to come close to following it, was to make a copy of all 6 pages. Started the process, though to these old eyes, the data was clear as the proverbial mud. *Clicked on the Photo Album link in the toolbar. *Clicked on the Upload Photos link. Got a pretty darn good copy of Jim's albums!

So, I fooled around some, and got to a page that asked if I wanted to create my own album, ----- or some-such. Didn't make a copy, so I ain't gonna remember. Well, heck, yes, I dove right in! Got right to a page that wanted me to name stuff, so I did. Got to a page that had five lines on the right to download to. Clicked on each one, one at a time, and each one popped up a photo of my wife, Jean, over on the left! I hadn't even opened that album in my compuker, but I had opened an album containing four photos of the broken axle tube. So, that's where I'm stuck for tonight. Have things changed since the tutorial was made? The pages that come up for me are close, but, in most cases don't look like the ones in the tutorial.

I need a kindergarten lesson for a 77 year-old dummy.
    Anybody? If you think there's no hope, just say so, I'm used to it.o
    Thanks, DW
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

Hi Dick
    Not sure that i can help but here is what i did.
    When i clicked Manage Attachments a box popped up that prompted me to upload a file,i clocked on browse which opened my computer files of downloads and images.I then opened the one i wanted and waited till it was uploaded.Then it transferred to the thread.
    Believe me Dick that it work easy for me,because if it hadn't i would be in the same boar as you.
    Thomas
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Thanks. I copied your reply, and copied chessy56's posts and DMax's replies, too. Then, I made another run at it. Got to page 2/6 and decided to drag my five photos over to the box where it says to "Select the photos you wish to upload from your computer:" When I dumped them, one at a time, on the line, each identifying number transferred over.
    BTW, there is no Browes at the end of each line on my display, like in the tutorial.

I clicked on Upload/Submit and waited. Then I waited some more. The little rotating icon, in two places, kept going round and round, until a box popped up in mid-screen and asked me if I wanted to let WPS Office Expansion Tool Verified publisher Zhuhai Kingsoft make changes to my computer!! I couldn't print the message, so I was copying it by hand, when it went away. The little icon came back and kept circling. Then, after I'd waited over 1/2 hour, my dang computer informed me that the site couldn't be reached! Bad service here. Got back on , and found nothing of what I had done before.

Wondering if my photos are too big to upload. Wondering if I'm just plain doing something wrong. Wondering if I should just give up.
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DickWells View Post
    Thanks. I copied your reply, and copied chessy56's posts and DMax's replies, too. Then, I made another run at it. Got to page 2/6 and decided to drag my five photos over to the box where it says to "Select the photos you wish to upload from your computer:" When I dumped them, one at a time, on the line, each identifying number transferred over.
    BTW, there is no Browes at the end of each line on my display, like in the tutorial.

I clicked on Upload/Submit and waited. Then I waited some more. The little rotating icon, in two places, kept going round and round, until a box popped up in mid-screen and asked me if I wanted to let WPS Office Expansion Tool Verified publisher Zhuhai Kingsoft make changes to my computer!! I couldn't print the message, so I was copying it by hand, when it went away. The little icon came back and kept circling. Then, after I'd waited over 1/2 hour, my dang computer informed me that the site couldn't be reached! Bad service here. Got back on , and found nothing of what I had done before.

Wondering if my photos are too big to upload. Wondering if I'm just plain doing something wrong. Wondering if I should just give up.
    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this, Dick. It should work easily, but it appears you may have other demons at work. The bold portion of your post has nothing to do with what you are trying to do with your pics, here.

It is possible your photos are too large. If taken with a modern camera/phone, the default setting usually is. The easiest way to reduce them is to email them to yourself, and let the phone do it. Also, it sounds like you may be trying to use the "attachment" feature to link to your computer, which won't work. That only works for photos hosted on another website.

I've been very busy lately, but I can help you work through this over the next couple days.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks. I've just about determined that I need to sit down with someone, here at the park (some savvy someone), and get some first-hand instruction. Robyn has tried repeatedly to get me started on this, but the lingo just doesn't "gel" with my 1800's brain-set. If it ain't got shafts, gears, cables and chains, I don't see it like the new "crowd". Bit of exaggeration, there, of course, but you get what I mean. Disgusted with myself, cuzz at one time, I used to write inspection programs for a coordinate measuring machine. Course, I never did know what took place between the time I submitted those hand-written macros to the documents people and retrieved the tapes to put into the System 7.

Just found out, today, while getting help with putting ads on Craig's List, that our cell phones apparently aren't recognized by this computer! The young man who helped me, successfully, had to load all our photos one at a time through a wire. Blue tooth wouldn't do it. After they were all loaded, it was quite straight-forward. This might be key to the problems that we've been having with photos on TDP.
    ???