Thread: 2002 2003 lb7 power

Default 2002 2003 lb7 power

I Own A 2002 6 Speed 2500hd Long Box W/ Dmax And A 2003 6 Speed 2500hd Short Bed W Dmax. Both Have The Lb7 Engine Can Anyone Tell Me Why It Seem Like My 2002 Has A Whole Lot More Power Than My 2003? It Is Very Noticable Towing As Well As Unloaded. Can Something Be Done About This Power Issue? The Dealer Says The Trucks Are The Same And Run The Same, But They Are Not.

How are the fuel and air filters? How about the engine calibration? Is there a difference in calibrations between the 02 and the 03? I think that the 03 had very few calibration updates compared to the 02. Is everything the same truck to truck (aside from body configuration)?

fuel and air filters are new. i have no idea on any engine calibrations. the trucks are exactly the same except the 03 is a short bed and 02 is long. i was told these trucks used a different throttle position sensor. i don't know if that makes a difference.

i also wanted to add that this truck 03 has always been hard starting in winter, when the 02 started fine.

The hard starting may indicate an injector problem. Keep in mind though that no 2 rigs are ever exactly the same. Production tolerences on every part in the sysytem can add up to noticable differences in the end product.
    2002 Chev D/A CC LB - it's gone

You got that right BEELER.