Thread: Replacment key fob ?

Default Replacment key fob ?

I lost my keys over the weekend and need a new key and fob. How do you program the new fob ? Also does the key have a chip in it ?

Mark
    04 Chevy 2500HD 4X4 LLY DMAX LS CCSB
    00 Dodge 2500 4x4 CTD
    86 K5 Blazer 4X4 NA 6.2 aka CUCV M1009
    57 Chevy 210 1ST CAR
    88 Jeep YJ 3/4 axles & SBC

Mark

Default Been there done that!

This is the 96 that you are asking about?The 96 has no keychip.The fob may be dealer installed and he may be able to program it.If it is an aftermarket fob it might be easier to replace the keyless entry.Did you leave the key in the ignition and lock the doors? That is what I always do! Even if you are not a member of AAA, they can get in your 96 in a heartbeat! How about a locksmith?
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.

Quote Originally Posted by 96ccdd
    I lost my keys over the weekend and need a new key and fob. How do you program the new fob ? Also does the key have a chip in it ?

Mark
    I bought a second one off eBay for cheep
    Program instructions are not here but I have them someplace in my home PC
    simple when you have the instructions just don't program the fob "thingings" in your truck that is sitting next to your friends truck - Don't ask me how I know!
    Kind Regards
    Rick
    95K3500.Ext.Cab 4L80E 200,000 + miles; 3 gauge pillar pod pre turbo temp- boost- trans temp. 97 Cooling mods Fan / fan clutch, dual Tstat and water pump, Hi Pop Injectors, fast heat glow plugs, DSG gears, intake snorkel removed, air box mods, hi idle mod, dMax pipes for exhaust, FSD mounted on intake, Monroe Shocks. Homemade cooler lines, H7B coolers replace stock trans and oil devices, remote mount with 2 quart Wix filter aux micron filter, OPS relay and headlight boosters, glow plug extender, and an FPPF cocktail in every tank.

I mistakenly posted it in the wrong forum, it is for my 04.

Thanks
    Mark
    04 Chevy 2500HD 4X4 LLY DMAX LS CCSB
    00 Dodge 2500 4x4 CTD
    86 K5 Blazer 4X4 NA 6.2 aka CUCV M1009
    57 Chevy 210 1ST CAR
    88 Jeep YJ 3/4 axles & SBC

Mark