Thread: Best 6.5 t/d marine injectors

Default Best 6.5 t/d marine injectors

I'm about to buy a Teds engine. Before the install, I want to install marine injectors for better performance. Where is the best place to buy and/or what is a reasonable price to pay?

Thanks in advance

Getting “marine” injectors without upgrading to the high output marine injector pump isn’t really going to do you much good. Also, getting “marine” injectors of some no-name brand is likely going to be of less value than getting a good, reputable set of name brand “regular” injectors.

Several of the forum vendors offer injectors and can steer you in the right direction.
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Well, that was zero help

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
    Well, that was zero help
    You were given excellent advice. Sorry that it wasn't what you wanted to hear. This forum has YEARS of experience here. Trust us, installing "marine" injectors by themselves will be of zero help as well.

Purchase well built injectors from a local Stanadyne fuel shop, or go to Kennedy Diesel for some options from an online source.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Arrow

"Marine" injectors, even if genuine Bosch Marine, will do nothing for performance by themselves. Numerous other upgrades are necessary to gain the advantage. Just installing "marine" injectors will actually decrease performance, starting quality, cause EGT management issues, and kill any economy you may have had with stock injectors. Unless you are building a 300+ RWHP engine, there's zero advantage, and even then, stock injectors will still get you there (and retain the greatest economy).

Trbankii's reply was spot-on, whether or not you find it helpful.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Stay as far away from marine squirts as you can run.

Get a good new set of standard squirts or a set of rebuilt's IF THEY WERE DONE BY A SHOP THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Pop pressure about 2100 psi and all 8 set equally.
    This gives you a smooth runner with great startup characteristics.

Maverick has it Spot on.

I have built my share of six and a half's and always use a local Stanadyne certified shop for my pumps and my squirts.

There is far too much BS hype surrounding the Marine Squirts.

In order to get anything from them the IP has to be able to deliver more fuel to them.

Just installing Marine squirts does nothing helpful at all.

The stock ones with a good IP that is delivering all the fuel it can will build enough horsepower, and heat to melt your little six and a half, and right quick.

Get a good set of stockers that are matched for pop pressure and spray pattern.

New 60G glow plugs and your set.

Have fun
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Well, that was zero help
    I’m sorry that you don’t want actual information about how your injector system works that would help you to make informed decisions.
    Last edited by trbankii; 02-15-2016 at 06:58.
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Wow, I ask for the best place to buy marine injectors. So if you dont know or have advise as to why they dont work, with whatever combination, and for whatever reason, that's NOT helpful, wasn't my question. Sorry trbankii if you don't understand the question from start, then ramble your responses. I understand what I need and don't need. Have several 6.5's. Just thought there may be a better or less expensive source. Thanks for the comments.

So if you dont know or have advise as to why they dont work
    I think that’s been explained pretty clearly at this point...
    Diesel Page Member #2423

(1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Arrow

Kennedydiesel.com will help you with quality injectors as would nearly any Stanadyne or Bosch reman shop.

You can also buy marine nozzles off eBay, but without the equipment to test the injectors, doing it yourself would result in possibly leaking and way out of balance injectors. This is where reputation and factory authorization are important. Here are a few I recommend for stock or marine injectors.

So: KennedyDiesel.com
    usdieselparts.com
    peninsulardiesel.com

The Diesel Page produced an article a few years ago that discussed the stock and marine 6.5 injectors, flow rates, pump requirements and performance potential.

I'm about to buy a Teds engine. Before the install, I want to install marine injectors for better performance. Where is the best place to buy and/or what is a reasonable price to pay?

Thanks in advance
    The term "marine" is used far too loosely out there. Some sell their marine injectors for less than we pay for the nozzles themselves to build them. What I can say is that we've been selling our high flow/high pop injectors them for a good number of years now. They work well and do offer a 9.6% flow increase as tested well over a decade ago.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!