Thread: Power Locks/Mirrors Won't Work

Default Power Locks/Mirrors Won't Work

2003 GMC 2500HD. My truck had been parked for several weeks. When I started to use it, the key FOB wouldn't work. (Replaced the battery and reset the system. Still no go) Then once I got inside, none of the power equipment would work. The driver side lock works, but does not effect the passenger door. I know there is a TSB on this issue, but wonder if anyone here has found a fix. Thanks

My key fob, RAP (retained accessory power) door locks and window controls wouldn't work. Turned out to be the module that is in the front passenger side door arm rest with the window/lock buttons. Replaced it and re-sync'd the fob and all worked well again. I got the module from a junkyard for about $40.

Bob
    tufcj

Thank you, Tufcj. I am completely "challenged" when it comes to these type things. How do I locate this module and what does it look like? Please forgive my ignorance.

It's all built into the passenger side power window/lock button module. Mine had somehow gotten water into it and corroded. I just replaced the entire button module. You need to take off the door panel to get to it. Instructions on re-syncing the key fobs can be found in a search (I posted them).

Bob
    tufcj

Thanks again. Do I have to remove the whole door panel, or just the triangle part at the top/front of door? Thanx