Thread: constant white smoke

Default constant white smoke

I have an 03 GMC Dmax with with 130k miles. I have an Edge chip, AEM intake, and 4" silverline exhaust. I noticed 20K miles ago or so that it would smoke a little if I was just idling for several minutes. After driving again, it would go away. In the last couple of weeks, the smoke seems to have gotten steadily more constant. I obviously can't be sure that it is smoking while traveling at highway speed, but it definitely is when I am traveling slowly and always when I am sitting still. I almost always leave my Edge setting on 1 and I changed the low boost fuel setting for the least smoke. I have not noticed any change. Any ideas what would be causing this constant smoke? I'm not worried so much about the smoke, but more that there might be something wrong or that this is a sign that something might go wrong. Thanks.

Arrow

Pull your Edge box (and any other aftermarket stuff you can), change all your filters (so they don't have to ask that question twice), and get to your dealer at your soonest convenience. Your extended injector warranty will run out soon, and you'll be on the hook for an injector replacement. 7 years or 200K miles is all you get, and they are not allowing much in the way of "good will" any more. At least get the condition documented by the dealer. Even if they don't warranty an injector replacement (all 8), documentation will allow you to date the failure to before the warranty expires. Your description is a classic injector failure symptom.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thank you very much for your advice. I took it in and they did confirm that the injectors were failing. Got them all replaced and under warranty. It is running great now and no smoke.