Last summer the day before my 500 mile vacation trip I started my Suburban to fill'er up at the local diesel station.
It ran for 30 seconds then died, started again fired a few times and then would not start.
So took my car instead, It sat for a good 2 months until I found a 6.5 diesel mechanic that would come to my house.
There was no check engine light also no code when he ran a scan on the computer.
He checked voltage on the OBD2 port, oil pressure switch, fuel solenoid, and relay for the lift pump, I think. He advised, new glow plugs & injectors if they have not been replaced.
Everything check out then of course it started. He thinks it was air in the fuel line.
Before I had this issue I change the oil & fuel filters and installed a new lift pump. Are there any issues with lift pumps that are other than the GM mfg?
(I realized the lift pump was not working when I tried to prime the fuel filter. I do not know how long the lift pump was not working from the last filter change of 7-2016)

I have been replacing the fuel filter since I bought this truck in 2011 with no issues, by using the lift pump hot wire to prime.

This morning it started right up ran for a minute then died, started & died then started and ran good all the way to work (about a 45 minute run).

Last spring the PMD failed, so I after much research I bought a Flight Systems unit and mounted It to a large Heat sink that I have been holding onto for years, all was fine till the filter, oil lift pump job.
Any advice is much appreciated, as this forum is fantastic for any driving a 6.5