Thread: 1972 chevy crew cab k30 lb7 swap

Default 1972 chevy crew cab k30 lb7 swap

Hey guys, New to the site. My build is a little out of the ordinary. I am making a non existent truck. I am creating a k30 crew cab 1972 chevy and have bought a donor 03 lb7 to use. I plan to install the lb7/5pd Allison and I picked up a dodge 29 spline np205 to mate. I am still getting ideas for the swap. Ill start with where I am. Trevor
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ocplayer; 12-02-2014 at 14:58.

Sounds like you are in for some fun! Keep us in the loop!
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

It will be a cool truck when you are done.For years i thought about doing the same thing.Even have a suburban body to use.
    I saw one drive by our shop a couple of summers ago,wish it had stopped so i could have talked with the owner.
    I look forward to watching yours come together.
    Thomas
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

I'm further into the build than where I left off....I think I'm about to fill up my attachment max already.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ocplayer View Post
    I'm further into the build than where I left off....I think I'm about to fill up my attachment max already.
    Very nice project! Thanks for sharing.

Inline attachments are limited, but that's not your only option. We also have a full featured Photo Album available to our members. There, your storage quota will increase as your post count and time here increases. Once uploaded, they can be linked into any TDP forum post. Let me know if you get a limit warning. Projects like this are worthy of additional storage.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Getting closer to drive train mockup.
    Attached Images Attached Images