Thread: 01 stolen, what does a 06 get me into?

Default 01 stolen, what does a 06 get me into?

The 01 crew cab short bed that I have had since 07 was stolen, along with the gooseneck trailer and contents that was hooked to it at the time. Some of the contents were found in a ditch 3 miles from my house. Personal items from my truck were found in another stolen truck. A week later the trailer and its contents were found in a corn field washout area.
    So the truck has been gone about 5 weeks and my insurance company is after me to settle. Been looking around but not finding a lot of what I want. I have somewhat kept my search focused on the 01-02s because of what I have learned about the lb-7, and my comfort level with it.
    Then a 06 pops into the picture. I don't know much about them. What do I need to be aware of that is different? Injectors and Headgaskets similar problems as 01s? Put a Kennedy tune in it and run? EPA add ons need to go away?

Thanks for the help
    1999 K1500 Sub, Wont tow but what a family car
    1999 Dodge 3500 4x4 6sp Cummins, with the needed goodies
    2000 Dodge 2500 4x4 auto Cummins, Will make even a Cummins engineer smile
    2001 Silverado 2500HD D/A CC 4x4 shortbed, Finally able to test the JK reprogram.......

I have both (02 and 07) and it's tough, but the 6 speed powertrain is definitely more refined. Keys to watch for:

1) Find a virgin unmolested truck
    2) don't worry about Vin 2 LLY versus vin D LBZ= SSDD
    3) prices tend to be overly inflated
    4) as with ANY late model diesel better have about $6k in a rainy day fund.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!