i saw an ad on ebay for a cummins 4BT 3.9 that was attached to a 400 turbo transmission. it was removed from some commercial vehicle. the seller told me there was a factory adapter plate that allowed the bell housing to bolt up and that the driven part of the tranny bolted directly to the engine without modification.

question 1: does anyone know if the engine is an ordinary cummins engine or a special production engine?

question 2: what about the 400 turbo tranny? is it special or just an ordinary 400 turbo?

question 3: if there are no special circumstances with the engine and tranny, where can i get the adapter plate? (easily, from someone who knows what it is and how to find it)

question 4: we have two older farm vehicles we would like to convert to diesel, a 90 chevy 3/4 4x4 and a 77 cj7. with both vehicles being 4x4 it has been impossible to find an engine/tranny set. we would like to use a mechanical set up (no computer), and would like to avoid the older ford and chevy diesel pick up engines. does anyone know which industrial diesels will bolt to chevy and chrysler transmissions? we would like at least 80 hp for the jeep and at least 150hp for the truck.

i know ive asked for alot so thanks in advance. if you dont have any info but do know where i can find it please let me know.