Thread: Mustard sauce...

Red face

I'm in the process of changing the front differential oil...the stuff looks like Mcdonalds Mustard sauce for the Chicken McNuggets...I couldn't find a synthetic oil in the recommended 80-90 weight, so instead I gots Redline Oil in a 75-90 weight. Is this okay to use? would I be hurting anything by going to a lighter weight oil? any help would be appreciated...thanks.
    2002 Pewter GMC CC D/A Long Bed 4X4 <br />Mag-Hytec Diff. Cover<br />Bedrug bed cover<br />Pace Edwards electric rollbed cover<br />Transfer Flow 56 gal fuel tank<br />Banks 4\" Exhaust<br />Kodiak Electric steps<br />Red Line Synthetic Lubricants <br />(from head to toe)<br />Amsoil Air Filter<br />FilterMag - Super,Duper oil filter magnet<br />Super Magnet - Magnetic engine oil pan plug

Angry

J Wondering,DO NOT USE ANYTHING BUT A SYNTHEDIC OIL IN THE REARENDS.If you dont go buy the book & something happens durying warrenty you can kiss the warrenty good bye cause GM wont stand in back of it.If anything take it in to your dealer & have it done right with the right oil.At least have GM maintain it untill the warrenty is gone.That way if something goes wrong theyll have to stand in back of it cause there the only one that did work on it.Too much money up front to take any chances with these trucks.Hammer [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    [URL=http://2001 3500 LS Extended Cab D/A ,Running Boards.Tool Box,Window Shades,Bug Deflector,20K Reese Fifth Wheel Hitch,K&N Air Filter,Running Board Lights,Blue Grill Lights.Chrome Tailpipe Extension,Computered Trailer Brake System, Pulling 2001 Travel Supreme Exspress 36 Ft. Tri-Axle fully loaded.<br />Total Weight-26,500

Wink

hammer, thanks for the help. Got cha covered on the rear...there, I'm using Red Line 75-140 weight synthetic oil. I was JustWondering if it would be okay to use synthetic 75-90 weight oil instead of the recommended 80-90 weight in the front differential...thanks again!
    2002 Pewter GMC CC D/A Long Bed 4X4 <br />Mag-Hytec Diff. Cover<br />Bedrug bed cover<br />Pace Edwards electric rollbed cover<br />Transfer Flow 56 gal fuel tank<br />Banks 4\" Exhaust<br />Kodiak Electric steps<br />Red Line Synthetic Lubricants <br />(from head to toe)<br />Amsoil Air Filter<br />FilterMag - Super,Duper oil filter magnet<br />Super Magnet - Magnetic engine oil pan plug

J Wondering,Dont take a chance on something that GM isnt recommending for your truck.If they know you have used something else then what your suppose to use they would tell you right out that you didnt go by there spec's.That would immediatly void your warrenty.If you stay with what they recommend they have to honor your warrenty if something goes.Beleive me when it comes to the warrenty they'll stick tight to the book.After warrenty then your on your own,then it dosnt matter.Hammer [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    [URL=http://2001 3500 LS Extended Cab D/A ,Running Boards.Tool Box,Window Shades,Bug Deflector,20K Reese Fifth Wheel Hitch,K&N Air Filter,Running Board Lights,Blue Grill Lights.Chrome Tailpipe Extension,Computered Trailer Brake System, Pulling 2001 Travel Supreme Exspress 36 Ft. Tri-Axle fully loaded.<br />Total Weight-26,500