Thread: My first DD project

Default My first DD project

Well I just could wait to find a deal I couldn't refuse. A local shop had these two 6V53s in the back of a warehouse and since they stopped rebuilding engines many years ago they were happy to move them out.

I don't know if I did good or not but one engine looks complete (Jasper Rebuild decal on valve cover) and the other looks like a decent long block with the blower still attached. I am really green with DD so if I sound like I don't know what I am doing or talking about its because I don't and I am learning this as I go.

So any words of advice or caution are very welcome and appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Was the front one out of a boat? Looks like its been around salt.

I used to run SS40 Euclid 12V92's in them. They were a workhorse.

They made some TS24's had 8V72 in front and 671 Budda in the back. Talk about a 4X4.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

Thanks

The serial numbers on both showed they were out of a vehicle, fan to flywheel, and had the same counter rotation.

That's about all I could find out about them.

While disassembling these are there any telltale things to look for that might indicate a bigger problem or concern? Any particular things to look for on the racks?