TheDieselPage.com Forums  
2017 - TDP's 21st Anniversary
What's New: | Feature Articles: | Product Reviews: | Member's Area: | Subscribe:
Duramax 6600 Diesel Page | Advertiser's Section | Classified Ads | Photo Album | Diesel Books, GM Licensed T-shirts

Go Back   TheDieselPage.com Forums > Other Diesel & Truck Related Forums > Diesel Conversions
Register FAQ Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Diesel Conversions Convert gas to diesel, or convert to a 6.2/6.5/Duramax/Cummins/Navistar/Isuzu/Perkins/Detroit/or ... diesel engine. Go here to see completed projects, works in progress, share your conversion or ask the experts.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:29 PM

Default i have questions on puttin cummins in 1996 f-250

first off this is still in planning stage, mostly looking for knowledge in what I'm looking to get myself into.

I own a 1996 Ford F-250 automatic with the 5.8 gas in it, and I want to put a 5.9 cummins into it. My thought has been to buy a 90's Dodge 2500 with a 5.9 cummins and a manual transmission that is wrecked. After I rebuild the engine and transmission, I would then start my swap using anything an everything off the Dodge that I would possible need that's not damaged.

So I guess my first question that I come up with is, #1. What (if any) problems might I run into? #2. What else (other then the engine and transmission) might I need (like transfer case, maybe driveline, and axels)?

Well I guess 2 questions are all I can come up with at this time, I'll post any other question's that I come up with. Any help is much appreciated.

Tags
cummins swap ford