Thread: Front End Noise

Default Front End Noise

Help
    When backing my camper in to my driveway terrain in flat I started to get a noise when the wheel is turned left almost against the stop. This is a new noise. I recently changed both differentioal fluids.
    I put in Mobil1 75w90LS

Any ideas to the possible source of noise.

Thank You
    07 Chevrolet 2500 NBS LTZ 4x4 6.5'Box xCab

Look at the easy things first, like the front tire rubbing against a loose plastic inner fender. If you have over size tires you could also be rubbing the corner of the front bumper or the air dam under the bumper.

Good luck
    John
    *2006 Chevy, 3500, 4X4, DRW, (LBZ) D/A, CC, LT, 252K Miles, 19.5" Wheels, Mag Hytec Transmission Pan and Differential Cover, SS Grill Guard, Racor 2 micron aux fuel filter, 100 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank, using Edge Evolution, Predator Diablosport, Kennedy ECM tune, Fitch Fuel Catalyst.

*2006 Four Winds, Dutchman, 36', RV, D/A, 5500 Kodiak.
    *1993 Harley Davidson, Turbo charged, Springer Softail.
    *2007 Pontiac Solstice.
    *2005 Jeep, Liberty, CRD (diesel).
    *Full-timing in USA, see America first.

BUY AMERICAN or CANADIAN, NOTHING from CHINA .

Do you feel a rattle when turning at 30-35 mph over a slightly bumpy road? If so, it could be your intermediate or upper steering shaft. I just had mine replaced again this past week. The first two replacements were under warranty and the last of those was supposed to be the "new design" that will solve your problems. It did for 100,000 miles so I guess I shouldn't complain.
    Ed
    KM4STL

'06 Sierra LBZ 4x4 Crew SB, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, TTT/Schefenacker Mirrors
    '98 Suburban, 245,000 - sold 7-4-06

Update:
    I had my dad look at the left front while moving truck. He noticed the tire was rubbing the fender liner. Clicking was coming from the factory mud flap. I recently had new tires installed. Factory tires and replacement spec'd to the exact same size. Dealer can not tell me what the factory ride height should be....
    Thank You for the input
    07 Chevrolet 2500 NBS LTZ 4x4 6.5'Box xCab