Thread: 2011 gmc seirra 2500 lift question!

Default 2011 gmc seirra 2500 lift question!

Recently installed a 7.5 rough country on my truck and when I went to get it aligned they said I need mew control arms to get more chamber? So they lowered my torton bars down to try and get more and said it was good,my question is now the upper bump stops? Are riding on the plate on the frame,before the alignment truck had a good ride,after they lowered keys to alighn it's rough, is it normal for them to be resting on the plate? just wondering if I have to get control arms or this shops just out to lunch.

Arrow

Welcome aboard!

Not seeing what they're seeing, it's difficult to say. It is possible the torsion bars were too tight before the upgrade and alignment, and they corrected it. It is normal for the bump-stops to be slightly compressed, as they are from the factory. Even with a little torsion bar increase, they will continue to contact. If the geometry of the lift kit is correct, it should take this into consideration. However, if they are unable to gain enough camber with the adjustment bolts/cams, then corrected control arms would not be unusual. I've seen this a few times since 1988 (introduction year of GM IFS), but only with the lesser-engineered (less expensive) lift kits.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com