Thread: Fuel gauge.

Default Fuel gauge.

One of the remaining problems with the 95 Burb. is that the fuel gauge is bouncing all over the place, even with the tank filled. Haven't used much of the 42 gallons that it holds, so I'm not worried about running out, but that needle jumping all the time is getting old, fast. It was hitting the oil pressure gauge, so I removed the cluster and drilled and screwed in two little brass screw to limit the needle just below empty, and just above full, but that's not a very satisfying fix. BTW, the needle settles down and stops moving when you sit long enough for the fuel to stop moving in the tank. I first assumed that it was the pickup in the tank that had gone wonky, but not so sure, now, because the gauge stopped reading anywhere near right as soon as I put those two screws in there. Anyone have experience with the same problem? Advice? Hellllp!
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

I would look at the electrical plug first,. usually the ground wire rots and makes poor to no contact,.
    1999 chev suburban C2500
    300,000 mi

what was it??
    06 1ton 4X4 duramax/6speed ext.cab WT
    Hummer wheels :^)
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake