Thread: Glow Plug Cont Module code P0670

Default Glow Plug Cont Module code P0670

SE light comes on every time I start the truck, even after erasing the code.
    P0670$10 Glow Plug Control Module Control Circuit / Open
    code from my OBD2. Seems to run okay. Did stumble one time as it stared. No other code associated with this one to indicate a particular glow plug.
    Am I to presume there is a "control module" that governs this circuit that must be replaced? Any guidance would be appreciated.
    2004GMC LLY 119K miles no other issues. Bought truck @ 48K miles
    It's my dream truck!!

Arrow

P0670 should be accompanied by one of eight DTCs if a glow plug circuit(s) were to fail. For example, a P0671 would be glow plug #1 cyl, etc, through all eight.

Have you tested all eight glow plugs for continuity? (i.e. remove the electrical connector from a plug, then see what the ohm value is from that terminal to ground).

Jim

Angry Glow Plug response

As I mentioned, there were no other codes accompanying this code. I read the post in tips concerning the P0670 and subset codes of P0671 thru 8 to indicate which cylinder glow plug is faulty.
    I'll have to see if I can find an Ohm meter to check continuity.
    Have an appt. at GMC dealership on Wed.
    It really sucks to have to pay them $102.00 just for diagnostics when I bought this OBD2 for about that price just so I would not have to pay somebody to have it analyzed.
    I actually gave up, figured nobody was going to respond to the post. Lots of "views" but no "response" ... maybe it's just in the wrong place.
    Glad the "administrator" finally responded.
    Thanks "MOREPOWER"

Arrow

This isn't a common problem, which may explain why not many have responded. In thinking about it, I might consider a problem with the glow controller itself. That said, this code won't produce any drive-ability issues.

Jim

Could be a ground issue. My GM service DVD says one thing to check is the ground and also to check the connections, ie: "Test for an intermittent and for a poor connection at the harness connector of the glow plug controller. "
    2004.5 Sport Red Metallic Crewcab Shortbox 4x4 LLY ARE Truckcap/Bedrug liner Bilsteins Hellwigs front and back. 06 air intake assembly all the way to the turbo

1991 8600 GVWR K2500 454/MSD box

Ford 1520 3 cyl diesel tractor

other toys

gm has extended the glow plugs and circuits to 200,00 miles check with the dealer